Monday, February 20, 2006

Broccoli Stir-Fried with Ginger and Garlic, p 146

Shiu-Min Block's Broccoli Stir-Fried with Ginger and Garlic
Chow Chia Lan
China
Prep Time: less than 10 minutes
Cooking Time: less than 10 minutes
WW Pts, with modifications (4 svgs): 1
WW Pts, as directed (4 svgs): 3

I made this because I had broccoli and wanted something to go with the sweet-and-sour potatoes. This dish is fine and goes nicely with the potatoes. It is superfast and supersimple. I used the cookbook to make this dish because of this project, but if you're not working on a fanblog dedicated to WV, just make that first broccoli stirfry you made after getting your wok in college. If you're still in college and just got a wok, make this, it's tasty.

With a few drops of tamari, it went well with the potatoes, which is what I was looking for, so I'm happy.

I modified by cutting the canola oil to 1 Tbsp, but I left everything else the same.

It may look like simple stir-fried broccoli, but it's really Chow Chia Lan!

No comments: